Become a Friend!
Join as an individual, a family or even as a VIP. Our annual friendship plans have great benefits and all come with the happy knowledge that you are helping to secure the future of the APG. Individual friendship £29, Family Friendship £39. VIP friendship £99.
Friendship benefits include:
- Priority ticket booking for events
- Free limited edition badge
- Free APG T-shirt
- Free newsletter
Additional VIP Friendship benefits include:
- 20% discount on venue hire
- Free jar of APG honey (bee dependant!)
- Free drink at the AGM
You can download a membership form here with full details & how to pay etc.
Last year over 40 children & young people volunteered their time, energy & enthusiasm for events and projects at the APG.
In the last year our young volunteers
- Undertook a birdwatch for the RSPB & did a nature survey
- Ran chocolate fountains & popcorn stalls at fireworks night
- Designed posters & logos for our events
- Helped run sports day events including the 3 legged race & obstacle course
- Acted as waiting staff at fundraisers
- Transformed the hut into a chocolate factory
- Dug, weeded and planted in our edible garden
If you are aged 6 – 19 and would like to do some volunteering just get in touch.
What does the future hold?
We have been granted planning permission for an exciting and innovative new building to serve as a community hub and to allow us to develop a reliable long term source of funding.
New building project update
Dear friends and neighbours of Slade Gardens Adventure Playground
Many of you have asked about progress on the proposed permanent home for the adventure playground, (Slade Gardens Community Hub), in light of the economic uncertainty surrounding the Covid 19 crisis.
As a reminder, this building is needed to enable the Adventure Playground to generate income and be financially self-sufficient in order to serve future generations of children and preserve this valuable playspace, with all Lambeth funding now ceased.
It is true that these unprecedented times have had a profound impact on the grant funding landscape for ambitious projects like this.
The Slade Gardens Community Play Association has taken the difficult decision to amend the plans for the new building to reduce costs and make the remaining fundraising more achievable.
The project benefits from Lambeth’s support in the form of a £1m grant for the new building.
We have set ourselves the challenge of re-designing the building with the same scope, space and facilities within a more achievable budget.
The changes as illustrated can be summarised as follows:
- The building no longer ramps out of and back into the ground plane. This was a keystone of the original brief as it allowed us to create an accessible roof that cancelled out the loss of open space, but Lambeth are now open to a more traditional building form.
- The roofscape will no longer be accessible. The simpler form allows us to construct the building using traditional methods which will save both time and cost on site.
- The main flexible community space is retained, as is the café facing the park which can be used by the public as well as the playground users.
- The footprint of the building is very similar to the consented scheme but the overall height of the building is reduced.
- The proposed materials are a mix of naturally weathered copper cladding and timber, both long lasting and relatively maintenance free.
We hope you will support these revised proposals.The aim is to resubmit the scheme for planning before Christmas.
We welcome your comments at this stage, please submit any concerns or queries you may have via email to email@example.com with Slade Gardens Community Hub in the subject line.